San Lorenzo Ruiz General Hospital values the security and privacy of your personal data. We guarantee that our hospital operates in compliance with Republic Act No. 10173 known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and other related laws and regulations. We recommend that you read this privacy notice to fully understand our approach towards the use of your personal data.
By submitting your personal data to our institution, you are giving us the authority to process these data, accept and agree to be bounded by the terms stated in this notice. Rest assured that all data entrusted to us will not be used and disclosed in a manner that violates your rights.
WHAT DATA WILL WE COLLECT FROM YOU AND HOW WE WILL USE IT?
As a provider of medical services, the hospital collects and process your personal data when you seek medical consultation, avail of laboratory, radiology, dental, and other medical services. We also collect information when you voluntarily accomplish customer surveys, provide feedbacks and participate in any of our public health programs. Your personal data (which may include but not limited to the following: name, age, sex, address, birth date, occupation, civil status, gender, citizenship, email address, contact numbers, present and past medical conditions, sexual practice, identification cards, philosophical beliefs, and religious affiliations) are necessary information that will enable us to:
- Provide appropriate and prompt medical assessment, treatment and health education;
- Accurately render services according to your requirements;
- Comply with Department of Health (DOH) and other regulatory bodies’ requirements in reporting specific cases and statistics duly mandated by existing laws or memorandum;
- Update your medical records in our existing database.
HOW WILL WE HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the confidentiality and privacy of the data we have collected. We will continuously implement security measures and system changes in maintaining your information secured.
We will share or disclose your personal data only to medical professionals who are involved in your medical treatment and/or management. We may have data sharing with other medical institutions or diagnostic facilities involved in your care provided with your full authorization.
We will not share your personal data to a third party without your permission unless we are mandated by law, legal proceedings or regulation, to protect life and health, or to comply with the requirements for public order, welfare and safety.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING DATA PRIVACY?
In the Data Privacy Act of 2012, you have the following rights:
- the right to be informed of the processing of your personal data;
- the right to object in the processing of your data;
- the right to have reasonable access to your information;
- the right to erasure or blocking of your personal data;
- the right to file a complaint against unauthorized processing of your personal information
- the right to damages or compensation resulting from improper processing of your personal data
- the right to rectify, correct or update your information
- the right to data portability
If you have concerns with our Data Privacy management, you may contact:
NOEL D. VALDERRAMA, MD
SLRGH Data Protection Officer
(02) 8294-4853 to 54 loc. 200
(02) 8294-4855 (Telefax)
EMERSON C. ANGELES, RN
SLRGH Compliance Officer for Privacy
(02) 8294-4853 to 54 loc. 117